Lululemon is known for their high quality pieces and their cult-following. We love us some Lulu but it’s not everyday we can splurge. After falling in love with the Align Tank Top and regretting the $68 price tag, I immediately went on Amazon to hunt for budget-friendly alternatives.
I was super excited to find this Amazon tank top for $23. It has over 20,000 reviews and for less than half the price of Lulu’s, it was worth a shot. So how good is this dupe? Here are my thoughts:
Turns out, the two tanks are long-lost twins. They have almost identical design with the same seams on the front and back. Fabric textures feel pretty similar. Obviously, Lulu’s feel more luxurious. Both come in tons of the same colors but I decided to get white to do a true comparison.
I laid the Amazon tank and the Align tank side by side to compare them visually. Here are the differences:
- The straps on the Amazon tank are narrower because they taper at the top.
- The Align tank is a tiny bit shorter in length.
- The front neckline is slightly rounded on the Lulu Align. Back dips a bit lower too.
- For the white color, Lulu’s is more cream and the inside lining is nude.
- Amazon tank is all white and the padding is semi-visible through the fabric.
- I also got the Amazon dupe in black and sage. The padding on those are not visible.
Overall, the silhouettes are as close as it gets. The biggest difference I’d say is the fabric. The Align tank is made from soft, brushed Nulu fabric, but the Amazon one feels slicker and even looks shinier.
In terms of sizing, I think the Amazon tank in small is very close to a size 4 in the Align Tank Top. So I’d guess that a medium in the dupe will be equal to sizes 8-10. Even though the sizes are similar, I feel like the Lulu tank sucks me in more and also pushes my boobs up a tad.
These longline sports bras are one of my wardrobe staples for the summer. They’re easy wear because of the built-in bra. The cropped length is perfect for working out but also can double as athleisure.
If you want the look for less, definitely add this Amazon dupe to your cart. Speaking of budget-friendly alternatives, do you own any dupes? Share with us!