The old money aesthetic is synonymous with timeless elegance, sophistication, and class. It’s all about understated luxury and investing in high-quality, versatile pieces that will never go out of style. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll look at the essential elements, outfit inspiration, and how to style old money aesthetic outfits.
Before we dive into the outfits, it’s essential to understand the key components of the old money aesthetic. These elements serve as the foundation for building a timeless wardrobe.
1. Quality over Quantity: Old money aesthetic prioritizes well-crafted, high-quality garments that are built to last. Invest in timeless pieces made from luxurious fabrics like cashmere, silk, and fine wool.
2. Neutral Color Palette: Embrace a refined color palette that leans heavily on neutrals like beige, cream, navy, and black. Pops of color can be introduced through accessories, but the focus should remain on the classic hues.
3. Tailoring and Fit: Proper fit and tailoring are crucial to looking like old money. Wear garments that flatter your body shape and invest in alterations when necessary.
Casual Old Money Aesthetic Outfits
When it comes to casual attire, the old money aesthetic is all about simplicity, comfort, and elegance. Keep these outfit ideas in mind when dressing for casual occasions:
1. Classic White Shirt & Jeans
Pair a crisp white button-down shirt with well-fitting jeans in a dark wash. Complete the look with loafers or ballet flats and a statement leather belt.
2. Cashmere Sweater & Midi Skirt
Opt for a luxurious cashmere sweater in a neutral shade and pair it with a midi skirt in a coordinating color. Finish the ensemble with loafers or ballet flats and a structured handbag.
Business Old Money Aesthetic Outfits
For a business setting, old money style demands professionalism while maintaining a sense of timeless elegance. Here are some outfit ideas to help you nail the old money aesthetic at the office:
1. Tailored Suit
Invest in a well-tailored suit in a classic color like navy or charcoal gray. Pair it with a silk blouse and a pair of classic pumps for a polished, professional look.
2. Black Dress & Long Coat
A well-fitting sheath dress in a neutral color is a versatile option for the office. Layer it with a tailored coat and add a statement necklace or scarf to elevate the look.
Formal Old Money Aesthetic Outfits
For formal occasions, old money style calls for refined elegance and sophistication. Consider these outfit ideas for your next black-tie event or formal gathering:
1. Timeless Evening Gown
Choose a floor-length gown in a rich fabric like silk or velvet. Opt for a classic silhouette that flatters your figure, and accessorize with minimal jewelry and a simple clutch.
2. Elegant Cocktail Dress
A well-tailored cocktail dress in a classic color, such as black or navy, is a must for formal events. Pair it with delicate jewelry and a pair of strappy heels for a sophisticated look.
Accessorizing the Old Money Way
Accessories play a significant role in completing the old money aesthetic. They should be understated, elegant, and made from high-quality materials. Here are some tips on how to accessorize your old money outfits:
1. Timeless Jewelry
Invest in classic, timeless pieces like pearl earrings, simple gold or silver bracelets, and delicate necklaces. Choose jewelry that compliments your outfit without overpowering it.
2. Quality Handbags
A well-crafted, structured leather handbag is an essential accessory for old money style. Opt for neutral colors like black, brown, or navy, and consider investing in a few different sizes to suit various occasions.
3. Classic Footwear
When it comes to shoes, old money style favors classic styles like loafers, ballet flats, pumps, and sleek ankle boots. Keep your footwear polished and well-maintained for a refined appearance.
4. Scarves and Wraps
A luxurious silk or cashmere scarf can elevate any outfit and add a touch of old money sophistication. Choose scarves in classic patterns like plaid or paisley, or opt for solid colors that complement your wardrobe.
Shopping Tips for Old Money Aesthetic
Building an old money wardrobe requires thoughtfulness and careful selection. Keep these shopping tips in mind as you curate your collection:
1. Prioritize Quality: Invest in high-quality pieces made from premium materials. While these items may come with a higher price tag, they’ll stand the test of time and pay off in the long run.
2. Shop Secondhand: Old money style is all about timeless elegance, which means you can often find incredible vintage pieces at thrift stores or consignment shops. Shopping secondhand not only saves you money but also ensures you’re adding unique items to your wardrobe.
3. Mix High and Low: While it’s essential to invest in quality pieces, you can also incorporate more affordable items into your wardrobe. Mix high-end items with more budget-friendly options to create a well-rounded collection.
The old money aesthetic is all about embracing timeless elegance and sophistication in your wardrobe. By investing in high-quality pieces, prioritizing fit and tailoring, and incorporating classic accessories, you can create ensembles that exude understated luxury. Embrace the old money aesthetic and showcase your refined taste, one outfit at a time.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link at no extra cost to you.